Analytical Chemistry Consultancy
Drawing on more than 30 years of experience in Pharmaceutical research, we can conduct operational reviews and advise on the application of Analytical Chemistry in support of drug discovery in the following areas:
- Support for synthetic chemistry
- Advice on all aspects of LC/MS
- Chiral separations
- Compound QC and CofA
- Physical Chemistry assays
- in vitro ADMET assays
Further, we can fully support development of analytical strategy, staff resources and capital investment planning such as key equipment and technique choices for the laboratory as well as leading recruitment, on-boarding and the on-going training of personnel.
In-sourcing or consultancy to set up methods in your laboratory can also include bespoke software that can be further developed to fit your workflows.
Comprehensive consultancy on strategies, systems and resources for efficient storage, tracking and retrieval of solid and solution compound collections including:
- Workflow processes from synthesis to assay designed to drive down screening cycle times
- Advice on appropriate automation strategies and instrumentation
We also work closely with The Edge software consultancy to deliver innovative solutions that focus on research productivity. The BioRails family of products goes well beyond the capabilities of most data management systems and actively supports the activities of laboratory scientists to help them organise, plan and execute their work. Integrated modules for data management, ELN, sample and assay request management are customised for seamless support of your workflows. The overall result is good for training and compliance with experimental procedures leading to better quality data with less errors and less need for repeats.
We offer the following range of key assays to assess the physical properties of molecules.
- Chromatographic method
- Carefully controlled pH using phosphate buffer
- Highly reproducible isocratic method
- High Throughput
- Range 0-6
- Chromatographic method
- Chemical Stability
- Corning (BD Gentest) System
- Excellent correlation with human absorption and CACO-2 data
*Validation data available on request
In addition to running these assays in-house, we work closely with Bio-Mimetic Chromatography Ltd (BMC) which is owned and run by Professor Klara Valko to support compound optimisation and promote the use of HPLC for biomimetic property measurements.
Bio-mimetic chromatography involves the use of human proteins and phospholipid to model the in vivo distribution of compounds. In addition to making these measurements, BMCC provides a comprehensive package of predictions including in vivo distribution, drug efficiency and early dose estimation. This information leads to fewer costly animal tests on compounds likely to fail due to poor efficacy or toxicity. More information on drug efficiency can help with early dose estimation.
BMC's services include:
- Measurement of compound physchem properties, in vivo distribution prediction via measurement of compound affinity for IAM, HSA and AGP; to provide drug efficiency and dose prediction
- Lead Optimisation support to help you select and improve the best candidates to achieve your aims.
- Training Courses on HPLC, lipophilicity, bio-mimetic chromatography and other applications of chromatography for successful drug discovery
In combination, DAC and BMC services provide a comprehensive assessment of the physical chemistry status of your drug discovery programmes.
Referrals and Testimonials
“I worked with Mark for nearly two years whilst he successfully built the analytical function in my department from scratch. He is dedicated, knowledgeable and able to communicate effectively, both with colleagues and upwards within the organisation, inspiring a vision in senior management.
I heartily recommend Mark to you and your organisation.”
- Dr Paul Edwards, Director of Chemistry
“I worked with Mark for one year with great pleasure. Mark set up the analytic lab at Galapagos and all the ADME bioanalysis.”
- Christel Menet, CSO at Confo Therapeutics, Brussels, Belgium
“Mark is a skilled professional who rapidly responds to the demands of his clients.
His technical skills proved a match for those challenges which came in his direction.
His organizational skills allowed him to achieve high levels of productivity. His interpersonal skills allowed him to work effectively with a cross section of colleagues.
He was considered a genuine asset to the group.”
- Graeme Dykes, Experienced Medicinal Chemist